Written by Caroline Smith Mclean
Many of my customers recently seem to be showing more of an interest in the Law of Attraction (maybe not a coincidence??) and it’s been extremely interesting for me as I personally am a huge believer myself.
And the great news is that solutions focused hypnotherapy works even if you are a believer, or NOT... everything we do is backed up by science and/or research, so, it suits both non-spiritual, more logical thinkers and those who are big believers. (Personally, I’d say I’m a bit of both… I like my spiritual beliefs to be backed up with some kind of science/evidence!)
What is the Law of Attraction?
For those who believe in it, the Law of Attraction is a universal law, similar to that of gravity that is working all of the time. It is a belief that our thoughts or emotions are being brought into reality (both good or bad) – often without us even realising it.
You may have heard some quotes similar to these:
“What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create.” – Buddha
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.” – Henry Ford
“You create your thoughts, your thoughts create your intentions, and your intentions create your reality.” – Wayne Dyer
“Where attention goes energy flows. Where intention goes energy flows!” – James Redfield
The belief is that everything consists of energy (vibrations, even the Beach Boys sang a song called ‘Good Vibrations’) and, therefore, our thoughts create our reality. You may remember a time when you were thinking about someone and the same day they sent a message to you, or called?
I have always been a very imaginative thinker and remember so many times when I have allowed myself to daydream and imagine things that later became reality... and this was before I even knew what it was. This includes homes and even finding cash on the floor randomly! (We are great at imagining when we are children.)
Now I use the Law of Attraction intentionally, and use methods and techniques to attract customers, circumstances, money, etc into my life!
And hypnosis is one of the most useful tools I use!
How does solutions focused hypnotherapy help with the Law of Attraction?
One of the most important parts, when using the Law of Attraction, is that your thoughts create your reality. During our sessions, one of our aims is to get you focusing more on the ‘good things’ and create a more positive-thinking program running in your brain. And this equals more positive situations/circumstances.
THOUGHTS… BECOME… THINGS!
To use the law of attraction intentionally, it’s important to set ‘intentions’ or ‘goals’. And during the ‘miracle question’ part of our session, not only do we set intentions or goals but we get really clear on the emotions of how we will feel once that has been achieved, which is super powerful in the law of attraction.
And lastly, the actual hypnosis or trance part of the session taps into our subconscious brain and helps to get rid of any limiting beliefs that might be holding us back, and in fact helps to plant helpful and supportive beliefs. The trance also helps us to feel calmer and more in control. (Solution-focused hypnotherapists refer to this as ‘emptying the stress bucket’ so we can enjoy life more.)
What can you start doing if you want to use the Law of Attraction?
- Start visualising – using the power of your imagination to think about how you want things to be rather than how you do not want them to be.
- Be grateful – I write a daily gratitude list. What we focus on we attract, therefore by thinking about what we are already grateful for we attract more of these things!
- Use hypnosis to tap into your subconscious mind and change limiting beliefs into more helpful ones.
- Do things you love and have fun – you must have heard of people being ‘high vibe’ or ‘positive vibe’ doing things we love or having fun keeps us in this state!
- Act as if – play make-believe, talk, act, and think as though the things you want have already materialised. This is fun anyway!
- Set intentions – you cannot receive whatever it is you want if you do not know or have not been clear about what it is! Write that stuff down with a pen and paper. ‘It is my intention to have three new ideal customers by the end of this week!’
Caroline Smith Mclean
Caroline Smith Mclean Hypnotherapy